Business and Management Job SearchPursuing a job in business or management offers job seekers one of the most diverse career paths possible. Business professionals and managers are employed by just about every business, in every industry, worldwide. Business and management professionals are the backbone of econonic activity. Consequently, they're indespensible, in high demand and some of the highest paid of all professionals.
Business and Management Job OutlookThe chart below provides summary facts, including median annual pay, number jobs nationwide, and projected job growth (2012-22) for the most popular business job sectors in the United States, as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. For benchmarking purposes the average projected growth rate for all occupations nationwide through 2022 is 12%.
|Business Occupation||Median Pay||Number of Jobs||Job Growth|
|Accountants and Auditors||$63,550||1,275,400||13%|
|Appraisers and Real Estate Appraisers||$49,540||83,700||6%|
|Claims Adjusters and Examiners||$59,850||311,100||12%|
|Human Resource and Labor Relations Specialists||$55,640||495,500||7%|
|Market Research Analysts||$60,300||415,700||32%|
|Meeting, Event and Convention Planners||$45,810||94,200||33%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||$67,520||223,400||27%|
|Tax Examiners and Revenue Agents||$50,440||69,500||-4%|
|Administrative Services Managers||$81,080||280,800||12%|
|Advertising and Marketing Managers||$115,750||216,000||12%|
|Architectural and Engineering Managers||$124,870||193,800||7%|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||$120,950||332,700||15%|
|Emergency Management Directors||$59,770||9,900||8%|
|Food Service Managers||$47,960||321,400||2%|
|Human Resources Managers||$99,720||102,700||13%|
|Industrial Production Managers||$89,190||172,700||-2%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||$88,580||315,500||23%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||$95,450||62,100||13%|
|Social and Community Service Managers||$59,970||132,900||21%|
Job Search by Business Sector
Business Niche Job Boards
- BenefitsLink.com - offers a job board with hundreds of listings for employee benefits career opportunities, along with industry relevant career development resources including articles, news, a Q&A benefits column, member message boards, and resume posting for benefits professionals and job-seekers. Services offered for job-seekers are free of charge.
- Bookkeeperjobs.com - a job search website and board dedicated to bookkeeping professionals. Offers a comprehensive job search board that allows users to search jobs by location, specialty, date and keyword. Job-seekers can post their resume, review employer profiles and register for a job agent. Services are offered free for job-seekers.
- CPG Jobs - job search and career development site for Consumer Packaged Goodes (CPG) executives looking for jobs or interested in pursuing new career opportunities. Job-seekers can search open positions and job opportunities by location, specialty and employer. They can also post a resume, register for a job agent, receive job postings via email and applied to open positions via email. Services are free for job-seekers.
- ExecGlobalNet.com - is dedicated to upper level managers and executives ($60,000+ annual salary) who are interested in exploring new career opportunities confidentially while maintaining their current job. Job-seekers can search jobs posted by executive recruiters or they can create a personal profile to be viewed by executive recruiters. The site also provide some excellent career development resources for managers and executives. All services offered to job-seekers are free.
- Exec-U-Net - dedicated to introducing executive and senior level managers ($100,000+ annual salary) to new jobs and career opportunities in general management, human resources management, operations managemtn, R&D, MIS, engineering, finance, sales and marketing. This is private membership website that is fee-based.
- ExecutivesOnly - an online executive employment network that offers career development and job search services and resources for managers and executives making $70,000+ a year. Many career develop services (including resume preparation, coaching, etc.) are offered in addition to job placement. All services offered are fee-based and for registered members.
- Glocap.com - search firm offering specialized recruiting services for consulting firms, real estate firms, private equity funds, investment banks, media & entertainment, information technology, legal and other industries. They can find qualified professionals for every level of an organizations from entry-level to CFO. Job-seekers can register through the site to receive job listings via email. They can then apply to jobs of interest through the website. Services for job-seekers are offered free of charge.
- InsuranceJobs.com - website dedicated to professionals seeking career opportunities at every level of insurance including claims, underwriting, sales and risk management. Site offers a large job search board. Job-seekers can search available jobs by location, employer or keyword. They can also post their resume, sign up for job alerts (delivered via email), and review current news, events and articles. All services are offered free of charge to job-seekers.
- Recruiter.Co - an executive search firm with over 30 years experience finding and placing marketing research professionals in jobs throughout North America. They focus on filling positions at every level of the industry from analyst through executive.
- ManufacturingJobs.com - offers an online job board for job-seekers and employers in manufacturing and production. Focuses on all levels of employment from entry-level to executive within the industry. Job-seekers can search jobs by industry, location, keyword and job type. They can post their resume and register with a job agents. Services for job-seekers are offered free of charge.
- QUANTster.com - job site offering job search and career development services for quantitative and analytics professionals. Areas of focus include financial engineering, risk management, quantitative finance, business analytics, data mining, and quantitative research among otherss. Job-seekers can search jobs, sign up for a newsletter and review current articles and resources. Employers can post jobs. Services for job-seekers are offered free of charge.
- Social Media Jobs - job search site where job-seekers can view social media job lists that are searchable by location, category, experience level and keyword. Users can register to receive job alerts by email, post their resume and take advantage of various career development resources posted on the site. Services for job-seeker are free.
- SupplyChainRecruit.com - job site dedicated to professionals seeking new job opportunities in inventory management, operations, logistics, supply chain management, project management, purchasing, procurement and more. Job-seekers can search jobs by location, type and keyword. They can also post their resume free of charge. Employer profiles are made available for job-seekers and various professional development resources are provided. Services for job-seekers are offered at not cost.
- 6Figurejobs - jobs board promoting new career opportunities and jobs from C-level, VP, Director, and Senior Management positions. Offers various online job search resources. Register for the online job agent to receive new job listings as soon as they appear via email. Services are offered free to job-seekers.
Submit a Resource