Advertising, Marketing and Sales Job SearchIt's been said that sales and marketing professionals are some of the richest and poorest people in the world. And that's not far from the truth. Advertising, sales and marketing professionals drive revenues for businesses. If they're good at their job, they are extremely valuable and can demand very attractive compensation packages. However, much of what this professionals earn is based on performance, and if they don't perform they don't get paid. If you understand marketing strategy and enjoy interacting with people, a career in advertising, marketing or sales may be a perfect match.
Advertising and Marketing Job Outlook and ProspectsAdvertising and marketing are projected to grow slower than the average for all occupations. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the advertising, marketing and promotion industry is projected to grow at just 7% from 2012 through 2022. Notwithstanding, as marketing is essential to the success of any organization, there were always be plenty of job opportunities for experienced professionals in this industry.
New product introductions, advertising and promotional campaigns, and strategy design and development will continue to depend on skilled marketing managers and sales professionals. With the growth and proliferation of ecommerce and online business, more and more tech savvy marketers will be needed to manage digital marketing campaigns and develop online marketing strategies which incorporate search engine optimization, live chat, local search and social media marketing.
While the demand for online advertising and marketing managers will grow, newspaper publishers—historically one of the top-employers of advertising and marketing managers—will be hiring fewer advertising and marketing managers in upcoming years. Job opportunities in the sector of print advertising will decrease as opportunities in digital media increase.
As internet-based advertising is quickly becoming the norm for companies worldwide, marketing, advertising, promotion and sales managers with experience in online marketing promotion will have the best job prospects.
Marketing, Advertising and Promotion Career Quick Facts
|Median Pay (2012)||$116,000 per year ($56/hr)|
|Entry-Level Education Requirements||Bachelor's Degree|
|On-the-job Training Required||Useful/Not Required|
|Number of Jobs Nationwide (2012)||216,000|
|Projected Job Growth (2012-22)||7% (below average)|
|Employment Change (2012-22)||25,400|
Source: U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
Advertising, Marketing and Sales Job Search Resources
- AdJobsInc.com - this site contains valuable information and resources for advertising specialists. This site does not charge users to browse through job listings, which include freelance, consulting, and temporary positions, upload resumes, or utilize other helpful resources.
- AdAgencyJobs.net - ad agencies throughout the United States review users' resumes, which can be uploaded, on this site. This is a good site for people looking for various jobs in the advertising business.
- Advertising Jobs - this site is supported by the Advertising Media Internet center. Users can find job openings on this site, but they must register before they can review listings. There is no charge for registering.
- AllRetailJobs.com - users can locate a limited number of job openings on this site. Job searches can be narrowed by region, specialty, and keywords. There is no charge to use the services on this site.
- AdAge Job Bank - this site is made possible by the Monster Board and Advertising Page. It contains job listings for advertising jobs.
- BrilliantSalesJobs.com - sales professionals working in the United States and Canada can benefit from the resources found on this site. Users can upload resumes and narrow their job search by keyword, region, or specialty. This site offers its services free of charge.
- Careers in Marketing - this site contains information for people interested in working in marketing. It provides a reading list, industry news, and other important resources free of charge.
- Communicators & Marketers JobLine - information and resources on this site are only available for members of the Public Relations Society of America, the Puget Sound chapters of the American Marketing Association, the Seattle Chapter of the Association of Women in Communications, and the International Association of Business Communications.
- directmarketingcareers.com - this site permits direct marketing specialists to sign up for a service sending job matches to e-mail accounts and contains numerous job listings.
- J. Carson & Associates - made possible by an executive search firm, this site contains marketing research job postings. There are a variety of different types of positions available.
- Jobs4Sales - this site sends job matches to registered users e-mail accounts and permits them to browse through job postings. Job searches can be narrowed by regions, specialties, and keywords.
- MarketingManager.com - this site is designed to assist marketing specialists find management jobs by providing a job posting service. An affiliate of the CareerMarketplace Network, there is no fee for using this site.
- MarketingJobs - this site permits users to confidentially upload resumes and browse current job postings. Job searches can be narrowed by region, keywords, and specialties.
- Market Research Job & Resume Center - people interested in working as market research specialists can find job openings and other helpful resources on this free site.
- RetailJobNet - users can confidentially upload their resume and browse through numerous job postings. Job searches can be narrowed by region, specialty, and keywords.
- SalesJobs.com - this free site permits sales professionals to upload their resumes and browse job postings. Job searches can be narrowed by region, specialty, and keywords. Numerous links, helpful to sales professionals, can be found on this site.
- SalesHeads.com - this site enables people seeking marketing jobs to upload their resumes, read articles providing career advice, and browse through current job openings. Job searches can be narrowed by region, specialty, and keywords.
- Talent Zoo - advertising specialists can utilize this site to upload their resumes, learn about industry salaries, register for e-mail updates, review articles written by professionals, and browse through job postings.
- TigerJobs.com - people seeking job opportunities in marketing, advertising, and sales can upload their resumes and browse through current job openings on this site. There is no fee to use this site.
- TopSalesPositions - this site contains job listings and permits users to upload their resumes. Job searches can be narrowed by region, occupation, and specialty. Users who upload resumes are able to protect confidential information.
Submit a Resource