Top Companies Providing the Best Healthcare BenefitsWith the passage of the Affordable Care Act and redical new changes to health care regulation and implementation, access to good insurance coverage has never been more important or expensive. The cost of health care across the United States continues to grow at a rate far out pacing growth in real wages and salaries. As the U.S. moves to a single payer health care system, it's not surprise and more and more businesses are opting to join government exchanges. Unless things change, it's estimated that nearly 90% of individuals employed at the companies that make up the S&P 500, and who currently receive employer sponsored health care coverage, will be forced to join government health care exchanges by 2020.
Notwithstanding an uncertain and evolving health care market, there are still a few corporations that are will, and able, to provide their employees top notch healthcare benefits and cover 100% of their employees premiums. To these companies, it's not not about providing competitive healthcare, it's about taking care of their employees.
1. Boston Consulting GroupSince its inception, Boston Consulting Group has consistently provided one of the most attractive healthcare packages for its employees. Notwithstanding the grow cost of healthcare, and uncertainty in the market, the firm continue to cover 100% of the healthcare premiums for both its employees and its employees' dependents. All healthcare plans include vision, dental, prescription drug and mental health coverage.
Boston Consulting Group needs its employees focused on the job. They want to remove as much stress from their consultants' lives as possible. Providing full healthcare coverage is one way they try and do this. The core asset at Boston Consulting Group is the employee. To this end, the firm does everything it can to ensure it's employees are taken care of.
Domestic partner coverage? Healthcare coverage is provided for partners of same-sex couples only.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees that work a minimum of 20 hours a week qualify for 100% coverage of healthcare premiums.
2. Ultimate SoftwareGet a job at Ultimate Software and you can look forward to having your health care premiums and your dependent's health premiums covered at 100%! And their plans include vision, mental health, dental and prescription drug coverage. You can't beat that.
The company admits that covering 100% of it's employee's healthcare premiums is expensive, but it's worth the investment. Ultimate Software attractis and retains the most talented employees–and providing the best healthcare helps keep it that way.
Domestic partner coverage? Yes, but only for same-sex couples.
Part-time eligibility? No part-time eligibility is provided.
3. FactSet Research SystemsFactSet Research Systems is a multinational corporation that provides financial information and analytic software for investment companies and professionals. It also provides one of the most attractive healthcare benefits packages of any public corporation. It covers 100% of the cost of healthcare premiums for both its employees and their dependents, and all plans include dental, vision, mental health and prescription drug coverage.
FactSet recognizes that to have happy and effective employees at work, its employees nee to be happy and effective at home, in their community and where they live. FactSet also feels that by providing full healthcare coverage for its employees, it creates team atmosphere that inspires dedication and appreciation.
Domestic partner coverage? Yes, for all domestic unions.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees can have 100% of their healthcare premiums covered by the company as long as they work a minium of 30 hours a week.
4. NuStar EnergyNustar Energy is one of the few corporations to provide 100% coverage of health care premiums for employees and employees' dependents. Health plans include vision, prescription drug, dental and mental healthcare coverage. It is one of the companies to also provide an in-house medical clinic where employees and their dependents can receive medical care, checkups and free wellness assessments.
NuStar Energy believes that if you take care of your employees, your employees will take care of you. For this reason, NuStar Energy provides its employees with the best healthcare coverage and benefits plans in the industry. Consequently, the company has a very low turnover rate and a high level of employee satisfaction.
Domestic partner coverage? Healthcare coverage is provided for domestic partners in all legal relationships.
Part-time eligibility? 100% of a part-time employees healthcare premiums are covered when they work a minimum of 30 hours a week.
5. Kimley-Horn and AssociatesAt Kimley-Horn employee's healthcare premiums are covered 100% and an employee's depedent's premiums are covered at 90%. If employees want to upgrade their healthcare coverage to include vision, dental, mental health and prescription drugs the company will provide partial coverage of premiums. Given the growing cost of healthcare coverage, this is a deal that's hard to beat.
Kimley-Horn believes that their employees are at the core of their business and that in order for their business to thrive, their employees need to thrive.
Domestic partner coverage? Yes. For all domestic unions.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees working a minimum of 30 hours a week have 90% of their healthcare insurance premiums covered by the company.
6. Nugget MarketNugget Market has consistently made it onto our annual list of top companies that provide the best healthcare coverage for their employees. Even with the surg in healthcare costs and premiums, Nugget Market continues to cover 100% of its employees healthcare insurance premiums and subsidizes up to 82% of the cost of healthcare premiums for a employees' dependents. Healthcare plans at Nugget Market also include dental, vision, mental health care and prescription drug coverage.
Nugget Market will tell you that providing healthcare coverage for its employees is expensive, but it's important. While most companies are continuing to cut healthcare benefits, Nugget Market continues to find new ways to ensure its employees receive the best healthcare coverage at the lowest cost possible.
Domestic partner coverage? Nugget Market provides domestic partners coverage for same sex couples only.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees that work a minimum of 22 hours a week quality for 100% coverage of their healthcare coverage premiums.
7. Perkins CoieAt Perkins Coie, one of the largest law firms in the nation, employee's receive 100% reimburse of the cost of healthcare premiums and their dependent's premiums are covered at 50%. All healthcare plans include dental, vision, mental health and prescription drug coverage.
The physical, emotional and psychological health and wellbeing of its employees is core value at Perkins Coie. The company also feels that all employees, regardless of income, should be treated fairly and have access to low-cost healthcare coverage.
Domestic partner coverage? Yes. All partners of domestic unions are covered.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees who work at least 19 hours a week are eligible to have 80% of their healthcare premiums covered.
8. ArthrexArthrex cover 100% of healthcare premiums for their employee's and up to 50% of the premiums for any dependent's. While this may not seem as good of a deal as the provided by a few other corporations, all health plans include vision, dental, mental health care and prescription drug coverage.
In addition, Arthrex offers an on-site medical facility where employees, and their families, can receive free primary and urgent medical care, regular checkusp and prescription drugs.
Domestic partner coverage? Not provided.
Part-time eligibility? Yes. Premiums are covered when employees work at least 29 hours a week.
9. Activision BlizzardActivision Blizzard provides its employees 100% coverage of health insurance premiums and 80% coverage of premiums for employees' dependents. Healthcare plans include prescription drug, dental, vision and mental health care coverage.
One of the core values at Activision Blizzard is creativity and the company is always looking to find the best way to do everything–including providing the best healthcare possible to its employees. The company truly provides one of the most innovative benefits plan of any company in the nation.
Domestic partner coverage? Healthcare coverage is provided to all partners in legal domestics unions.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees who work at least 30 hours a week can receive 100% coverage of their healthcare premiums.
10. Zappos.comZappos.com has been on our list of companies that provide the best healthcare coverage for the last 5 years. Notwithstanding a surge in healthcare costs and regulations, Zappos.com continues to take care if its employees. Currently, the company provides 100% coverage for its employees and cover 71% of the cost of health insurance for an employee's dependents.
Zappos.com is a customer service oriented organization that believes in order to make its customers happy, it must first make its employees happy. For this reason Zappos.com has and continues to provide its employees one of the most attractive healthcare plans.
Domestic partner coverage? Yes, for all domestic unions.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees are not eligible for healthcare coverage.
11. TwitterTwitter recently made it onto our list of top companies that provide the best healthcare coverage for their employees. Twitter provides its employees with 100% coverage of healthcare premiums, while paying 60% of the premium for healthcare plans for employees' dependents. Plans offered at Twitter also include dental, vision, mental health care and prescription drug coverage.
In order to attract and retain talented employees, Twitter offers one of the most attractive healthcare plans in the industry. Offering excellent healthcare coverage is one way Twitter shows how much it values its employees.
Domestic partner coverage? Coverage is provided for partners in all domestic partnership that are legally recognized.
Part-time eligibility? Part-time employees are not eligible for healthcare coverage or premium reimbursement.
Submit a Resource